Friday, July 4, 2014

ALL OF MY HELP....

"I lift up my eyes to the hills. From where does my help come? My help comes from the LORD, who made heaven and earth." Psalm 121:1-2 ESV

Help:  to give or provide what is necessary to accomplish a task or satisfy a need; contribute strength or means to; render assistance to; cooperate effectively with; aid; assist; to save; rescue; to make easier or less difficult; contribute to; facilitate; to be useful or profitable to.

Absolutely all of these phrases describe the God I serve.  God is omniscient, omnipotent, He is the Beginning and will be the End!  But, God also is love! [1 Jn. 4:8]  And because He is love, I know when no one else can love me-not even myself-God loves me!

I think it is an accurate statement that we will one day find ourselves in a situation or circumstance where we feel totally helpless.  A day when even the wonderful people God has sent into our lives, can only do so much to help us.  A day when there are no words that can make it better, no tender touch, no amount of money that can fix a pain or a hurt so deep.

It is in that hour and in that space, in the midst of our mess that we literally look up to where our one and only hope and help comes from!  It is only to our Creator that we can look to because He is the sole designer of not only our existence, but the whole world!  

When nothing else can help, I know all of my help, come from the Lord!

No comments:

Post a Comment