Thursday, February 11, 2010

My Reflection

"Who is that girl (or guy) I see, staring straight back at me?  Why is my reflection someone I don't know?  Somehow I cannot hide who I am, though I tried.  When will my reflection show who I am inside?"  lyrics: David Zippel from the movie "Mulan"

It is the end of another work day for me and as I was able to take that "sigh" after another long day hard at work, I stopped in front of the mirror and took more than just a cursory look.  Now as I searched my big brown eyes I saw more than I've seen on any other day before in my life and what I saw though between me and God alone caused me to question on this day and in this hour, who is that girl I see, staring straight back at me??

The year 2010 is not even two months old yet, and for myself so much has changed!  The me I was at 11:59pm on December 31st is so different from the me at this moment and even my whole life circumstance is different; my perspectives and yet even my goals, dreams and hopes all changed, in a way!

Who is it that you-you see today?  Good or bad, the guy, the girl you greet every morning in the mirror is staring at you for guidance and direction.  Are you awake, equipped or even ready to take the lead in your own life?  What's the next step?  Where do you go from here?  What has God said to you about it?

We won't always have tomorrows, so while you have todays, check in on who you are and where you are going.

Blessings!

No comments:

Post a Comment