Sunday, January 9, 2011

Earth Holds No Sorrow that Heaven Cannot Heal

I attended yet another funeral of someone I have come to love and respect..  Yes, as with life, there is certainly death.  It is a reality, and those who have accepted Jesus Christ as their Savior, we are certain that our loved ones and friends are with the Lord.

But it still hurts!  We still miss those whom we've shared so much: laughs, tears, and daily dramas, up and downs.  There is a piece of our lives suddenly missing and we want it back! 

Can anyone relate to what I'm saying?

Yes, I take a moment to cry out and lament over how much I will miss this person and reflect over the many others I've lost in my short lifetime.  It's okay to mourn!  In my capacity as a minister, I think about how diffiuclt it was for me to fight back the tears today in order to be strong for the family and the congregation. I looked over at my pastor and wondered how many times he had to fight back tears in order to lead surviving families and friends in celebrating the life of the departed.

We can be encouraged that as much as we may mourn and experience the sorrow of losing a loved one, it is definitely true that God can handle our sorrows!  God can at just the right time lift you up out of your sorrows; whether He allows you to wake up in the morning feeling like a weight has been lifted or whether
He sends people into your life that show up with the word or action that can help you feel like you can make it another day, God can and God will see you through!

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful sentiment. I can understand exactly how you feel, which is why I count my blessings every day and continue to keep the faith no matter what happens in my life.

    ReplyDelete