Saturday, January 1, 2011

It's a New Day!

Yes, it's been a long time since you've last heard from me.  We have a new look and a new title because it is a new day!  And this day is new year! 

John 8:32 says, "And you shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." 

The year 2011 is about telling the truth, and the truth is, in my world, I experienced many challenges; physically, emotionally, and mentally during 2010.  I may have taken on too much, despite receiving news of a medical diagnosis.  I definitely continued to be troubled regarding stressors on my job, in church and all of those related to raising a teenager as a single mom.

I wanted to feel alive, despite the pain that has come to be apart of my life for this present moment.  I don't own it forever, but I am in the reality that for this point in time it's what I have to deal with.  To feel alive, I piled on responsibilities and obligations, did my best to be present for social engagements.

These things are not wrong, but when used to stuff feelings-pain even, they turned out to be wrong decisons and failed to leave time for the more important things.  These were the truths for my world.

How about you??

The truth of God is this, if we tell the truth, if we face the truth, it will indeed set us free!  Isn't true? :)

How good does it feel after so many lies to have the truth come out!  Doesn't it feel like a weight has been lifted?  Yes, sometimes truth hurts, but in these last and evil days, do you really want your life to be a series of  lies to yourself and others?

So here's some truth from me:  I went on Facebook and posted my hope that those who did not know Jesus Christ as their personal Savior would confess their sins and believe on Him that they would be saved.  Only one person "liked" my posting.  The truth:  I was shocked that there was not more.  The truth is, we do not know the day or the hour of when Christ will return for His own and if you are not ready when He comes, then you will be left behind!  If I sound insistent, it's because it's important, and it is indeed in the Word of God.

The truth is, we are living in times when we cannot afford to continue to live in sin!  2011 is a year to step out boldly and spread the Good News of Jesus Christ!

It's a new day!

2 comments:

  1. This was beautiful Rev. Van, welcome back I missed you :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like this blog. I will follow it when I can. I hope this year will bring you better health, and more happiness. And yes, the truth is we must all accept Jesus Christ as our personal Savior!!

    ReplyDelete