Monday, January 11, 2010

Becoming like a slave

Without question, the word "slave" has such negative connotations!  As an African American who is well aware of her culture's history it certainly stirs us some harsh feelings in me.  However, as I read my Bible today, I came across the scripture passage in Romans 6:22-23: "But now that you have been set free from sin and have become slaves to God, the benefit you reap leads to holiness, and the result is eternal life.  For the wages of sin is death, but the gift of God is eternal life in Christ Jesus our Lord." (NIV)

How many of you considered that if you decided to give your life to Christ, you can indeed be free from the chains of sin!  If you are already a believer, how many of you have felt defeated because now as a saved Christian, you still fall into the same sin as before you knew Christ?  It is through repentance and faith that God thru Jesus Christ can really deliver you from that sin that makes the difference!!

You don't have to remain in the state you are in, set yourself free by becoming a slave to God in Christ!

3 comments:

  1. Vanessa, I am so proud of you. I lift you up in prayer.
    Scherry Tyson

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very good sis. I am telling all of my friends and associates to follow you. Best of luck with the blog. Content is key. Keep posting before you know it, it will catch on.

    God Is Love
    John

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for your prayers! I pray this will be a blessing to you! Please share with your friends and family!

    ReplyDelete