Friday, January 1, 2010

Will this be a New Year for you??

Last night I attended a Watchnight Service at my church and the sermon came from Luke 18:1-8; the parable of the persistent widow. The title of the sermon was "Pray and Never Give Up!"

As I looked and searched my own soul in the days prior to New Year's Eve, I pondered at the particular challenges and mistakes I made in 2009, where I missed the mark, the areas I really excelled in, I realized that with every new year there is new potential!

For me, as last night's sermon reached me, I resolved not to give up, and to continue to pray without ceasing (1 Thessalonians 5:17)!

It is easy to get up when those things you resolve to do, does not work out the way you plan or at all. This is the same thing that happens every year, and therefore our opportunity for a new year is lost.

So, on this first day of the year 2010, consider doing things differently! Instead of rushing into the same resolutions from your past that did not work in your present, spend some time in prayer to determine what God would have you to do in this New Year!

Make this year a truly New Year just for you!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment