Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Enduring Until the End!

What are you striving for??

Yes, every new year there are so many people who make resolutions for the days ahead.  And even those of us who decided in 2010 they would not make any New Year's Resolutions, still have in mind what they would like to accomplish this year--I know I do!

Whether or not you make a resolution or have goals for the future, the point is that you don't give up!

In the Bible, Paul wrote in the letter to the Philippians 3:12-14, " Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.  Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one think I do:  Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus."

If you have a God-given dream or goal, we must endure to the end for it!!  In Paul's case, it was enduring in the Christian life and being fruitful in that life.  We must make sure and stay clear of whatever keeps us from following God and our dreams wholeheartedly!

Try to keep your load light; it is not hard to get caught up in nonsense: yours (or anothers), but instead stay focused!  Forget what the world would have you buy into:  material possesions and seeking accolades that do not last! 

But do strive for those things: integrity, honesty, self respect -things that God can look at and say, "Well done my good and faithful servant!"

"To Him who is able to keep you from falling and present you before His glorious presence without fault and with great joy..."

2 comments:

  1. i think this is a very interesting Blog. . . ..thanks for sending it 2 me Rev.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Rev. Vanessa,
    I am in total agreement with you on Enduring. We have no choice but to endure, or potentially die. In this day and age we are living in, without the Lord, there is no hope, no where in any country in the world. The weather alone is showing us that all around the world. Young people today must have good parenting, churches today must have honest leadership with integrity, students today must have teachers who really want to teach, and banks must have non-corrupt ceo's. It is so hard to even trust a simple customer service call. The safest place to be is only in the Will of God. Beyond a hedge of protection is now needed, we need an anointed life firewall!!!!

    ReplyDelete